Monday, May 10, 2021

Introduction to Join the Dots

Oh that Moonraker air...

I'm Lee, a 23yo from Trowbridge who loves pop, and who needs a sandbox to write about it all in. Thus, this'll be the new place that when I feel I want to write about an album - which I suspect will be often - then I will. I've got a lot of things I've longed to try and contextualise (all in good time of course), so this is an experiment where I hope to do just that.

This isn't my first blog (although it's the first good one with any luck), and isn't the start of me as a music writer. But this is my big summer project (and beyond, hopefully), where I finally get my nails dirty and discuss music in a custom-made arena, trying to plot out some sort of continuum of me and who I am and what I like and where I am as I go. To make things easier for myself, the earlier pieces will be expanded, nay largely rewrites, of earlier things I did in other places which need to be updated. Thereafter I'll get more esoteric with myself, I think.

My main primary inspiration for Join the Dots - beyond the rather urgent one of needing an outlet for writing - was speaking to a friend about using songs as 'prompts' to encourage writing. Well I've gone one bigger, i.e. albums. And I'm hoping it'll all connect in its way. I'm also contemplating, in time, experimenting with the novelty of updating posts when need be, so they don't stay static and can keep connecting to ongoing posts, but I'm not so sure about this so far.

Due to the perils of university work, I won't really begin work until towards the end of May - really I'm jumping the gun by doing all this - but I've been wanting to start this for months. But it's a start! Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook post (23 November 2022)

Note: I'm sharing this due to some renewed attention on Twitter. It isn't by any means as thorough as it would have been had I known...